Tuesday, December 23, 2008

SLUMDOG MILLIONAIRE.



A genuinely great story. This is the movie I feel everyone looks out for. If you want to see a movie that celebrates life and love, then Slumdog Millionaire is the movie to see this year. It's smart. It's clever. It's funny. It's sad. I wasn't wowed on any artistic factor but in the grand scheme of things, that's not what is important. I don't think it was trying to go out of its way to be an independent film on the level of style. And that's great because I think it might have lost itself by doing that. It was simply a story. A really really good story. Sure to become a lot of people's favorites, no doubt. All I've been hearing are great great great things. The soundtrack is not that bad either. Seeing how the movie was set in India, the popular Sri Lankan, M.I.A., who is rarely shy when it comes to singing about her political opinions... was a really fabulous fit. One of the last movies that you will most likely catch before the year's end, and it'll surely be on the top of your favorites, I promise. It's worth it if you believe in love. Or maybe even more so if you don't.

x,

Frances

No comments: