Saturday, February 28, 2009

wrapping my brain around SXSW.

I just made an embarrassingly large amount of spaghetti and then I ate it all.
Also, my cat keeps on peeing on my roommates' towels and blankets. Why! Lol.
anddd, I am drinking champagne vodka right now and it is y-u-m-m-y.

There's been tons of talk for SXSW lately. Both of my places of employment are hosting events so I'm quite excited. :)

Here are some of the things I am super excited for:


American Apparel Flea Market:
3/19-3/21 11am - 8pm
American Youthworks Building, 4th & San Jacinto

Expect merchandise starting at $1, unique samples, and vintage pieces, yay! You just might
see me there ringing you up so be sure to say hi. Also, live DJ sets, music by Viva Radio, and ICE CREAM!!! sweet.




IFC Crossroads Party: The Decemberists and Gomez

Details on the flyer.
It's FREE and it's OPEN BAR, but you have to get your ticket at Waterloo.
I love both these bands so I really want to go, fo sho!

---
Blackberry SXSW Showcase
Cedar Street, 208 W. 4th St.
Wristbands required or forking up a small dime and standing in line. :]

Thursday 3/19

8:30 Arkelis
9:30 Sam Roberts
10:30 Delta Spirit
11:30 Black Lips
12:30 Primal Scream

Friday 3/20

7:45 Pete and the Pirates
8:45 Beach House
9:45 Bedouin Soundclash
10:45 Peter Bjorn and John
11:45 Grizzly Bear
12:45 Dinosaur Jr.

I'm super super super excited about Friday's line-up.

---



Rose's Mojito & Rachel Ray's "the B Side"
3/21, 12 - 5 pm
Maggie Mae's, 6th St.
First come, first serve.

The Hold Steady
New York Dolls
The Airborne Toxic Event
Ra Ra Riot
Bob Schneider
The Cringe
Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros
Semi Precious Weapons
The Thermals
John Pringle

um, do we get free food?

---

Village Voice Free SXSW Day Show
3/20, 12-5 pm
La Zona Rosa, 4th St.

M. Ward
Cursive
Gomez
Bear Hands
Crystal Antlers

omg... Cursive? no way.

---

Andrew Bird, Ben Harper, Gomez & Katy Perry
3/19, 7 - 2am
Stubb's

OMG ANDREW BIRDDDDDDDDD

---

SOUNDEXCHANGE/MusicFirst present:
3/20
, 6 - 2am
Stubb's

Electric Touch
Parachute
White Lies
Razorlight
PJ Harvey
The Indigo Girls
Third Eye Blind

3eb!!!!!!! omg.

---

that's all I can wrap my head around for now. There are so may bands I want to see that my head wants to explode. Gravy Train!!! w/ MSTRKRFT @ Radio Room, Dead Prez @ Austin Music Hall, Yelle @ Emo's, Japan Nite, White Shoes & The Couples Company @ Submerged... my brain!!!

sigh.

x,

Frances

2 comments:

christine marie said...

ahhhh

OMG. too many shows!

Charlene said...

I still have no idea what Dead Prez song you're talking about. I want a youtube video, or else I think you're making up songs!