Sunday, June 29, 2008

Pamplemousse.

I've kind of left out the happenings of Paris since I focus on my weekends so much. So there will probably be 2 updates.

It's really hard to believe that Paris is almost over. I've developed a love/hate relationship with it, for sure. It definitely isn't one of my favorite cities in Europe, but it's undeniably beautiful and cultural.

I found a nice park that I like to read in. It's the Parc Floral by the Chateau de Vincennes. Unfortunately, it's only free on certain days of the week. Lame!

Lovers @ the Parc Floral

We also went to Versailles which was extravagant. No duh. There were some cool photographs by Karl Lagerfeld. But at the same time, I thought... I could have taken those. It's just my name isn't Karl Lagerfeld. Sigh. I mean, how many angles of Versailles could you possibly take? It's like everyone's Notre Dame pictures. They all look the same.


Kristin, Me, and Meagan @ Versailles

The Marketing group went to one of the L'Oreal plants around Paris. It was pretty fascinating. It made me think of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. If you don't know, L'Oreal is much bigger than just the L'Oreal brand. They own Maybelline, Redken, Garnier, Lancome, The Body Shop, and tons of other famous brands. I also found out McDonalds owns Chipotle... there's some food for thought!

Rachel and me in our L'Oreal gear.

Then after that, we hurried home to get dressed up and go to the ballet. It was so beautiful I wanted to cry. The chandelier inside the old opera inspired the Phantom of the Opera. Fun fact! They also played the song I played senior year ... Chopin's Ballade No. 1 ... also made famous by The Pianist ... sigh, such a good song. I decided I want a keyboard for my birthday.

Ballet

Joy, Larissa, and I also trekked back to Montmartre to find the "I Love You" wall. It's written in hundreds of different languages. Very cute.

The "I Love You" Wall

Sigh, then Wednesday was dedicated to SHOPPING! The French government only allows stores to have discounts at certain times. The first day is June 25th. All I can say is... it was madness. It was worse than tax-free/black friday/christmas put together, haha. But, at the same time, literally almost everything was 50-70% off... EVERYWHERE!

Then after that, I went with Rachel and Kristin to the Annie Leibovitz exhibit. It was amazing. It also made me want to cry as well. Her selection of photos were definitely very personal. Very inspirational.

Thursday was also Rachel's 20th birthday. Except I had to stay home to edit a paper. :( Poop.

Ok, I'll update again later for Brussels/Amsterdam.

No comments: