Monday, August 11, 2008

Sigh, Restaurant Week.

So tomorrow I had a reservation at Abacus at 8 pm for Dallas Restaurant Week. Now, for all those who know anything about the fine dining in the DFW metroplex, you know that this one is a winner. Known for it's amazing cuisine and service, I was dying to try their sushi and main courses. The chef who created Abacus and it's sister restaurant Jasper's... beat the Iron Chef. Sigh, you may say pish posh, but I say woe is me. What I would do for fine dining!!!

Anyhow, Austin is reported to have it's own restaurant week this year on Oct 12-15 and 19-22. So, you can bet I will definitely be taking part in that.

On the topic of food, I've been looking for good authentic Taiwanese food here in Austin. The closest I can find is CoCo's... but even so their bubble tea is merely sub-par. Tapioca House is so much better, which is next door. Le sigh. If only Dallas was closer... just for the sake of food. And the cheaper gas prices, ha.

<3 frances

No comments: