Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Au Revoir.

A lot has happened since Amsterdam. In fact, I'm not even in Europe anymore.

The last week was a busy one... trying to stuff everything in the last minute. It was really hard trying to do all that and then try to focus on getting a good grade as well. Because who thinks about that when you're in fucking Paris? But, hopefully all went well.

Our professor, Raj, took us out to this pedestrian bridge by Notre Dame. It was so nice, cuz no one was really walking on it. It was just filled with people sitting in circles, drinking wine and eating cheese. It was right as the sun was setting and it was just bittersweet. Plus, the Fat Tire Bike Tour kept going past us. Hey!

Princessa, Franny Pack, and Bon Qui Qui

Some of us went to the Luxembourg gardens, which I hadn't seen yet. It's so gorgeous. People just go there to read, chat, picnic, people watch, be seen... I wish we had somewhere like that in Austin. I mean, Town Lake (or Lady Bird Lake should I say...) is somewhat like that, I guess... but not. I wish we just had somewhere where we could watch people all day. You'd be surprised how entertaining it is, haha.

Rachel and Lauryn @ Luxembourg Gardens

Yea we went to a couple nightclubs too. The first one, The Duplex, was pretty nice. The only thing was we left before it got too busy because we didn't want to miss the metro. And... yeah. The crowd was a little older and the music was okay.


The second we went to was Le Mix which was pretty sweet! It was free to get into if you were foreign... haha.
Rachel bustin' out the dance moves...

We were all nicely buzzed from chatting in front of the Eiffel Tower beforehand. The only bad part was thinking my wallet got stolen. Oh god.

A blue Eiffel Tower marking the reign of
French President Sarkozy as President of the EU

But anyway, the best/worst day was coming home. It was such a pain trying to find the Roissybus to get to CDG. There were no signs at the Opera metro stop... it ended up being behind the Opera building. Who knew? By then, we were running a little late... thank god we left earlier than we meant to. We get to CDG and they have the American Airlines flights split up into lines. So mine was Dallas and Chicago. And it was a fucking long-ass line. So... finally, after standing in it for an hour... with 40 minutes left before my flight... I finally get checked in. And then security takes forever because the workers are on strike (what?! apparently they do this once a week) and... yeah. I get on the plane 3 minutes before the close boarding and leave the gate. AHH.

Eventually I make it to Austin and my baby. :)
It was so good to see him, sigh. Which made it the best day ever.
And he got me a new Uglydoll, which was so awesome... if you know me.
And I had Mexican food, so I was even happier.
And la la la :)

Target and Yours truly... Patate...
---

It's so weird though being back here. Driving. Calling. Texting. Air Conditioning. Having a shower head. Being able to access Perez Hilton. Sleeping in. Eating Mexican food. Eating Asian food. Eating American food.

I miss all the good wine and good company!! :( I miss taking the metro to school, eating green beans at the cafeteria and getting free water, taking naps after class, stalking people from our window, gyros & falafels, raspberry gelato, nutella and banana crepes, good beer, going places...

sigh.

Home is home. There's no denying it.

But it looks like I will be going to Shanghai... my dad somehow pulled some strings and got the city of Shanghai to send me an official invitation... HAHA. Visa... yes.

<3

1 comment:

Joy said...

Congrats on getting your Visa! Have fun in motherland! ;)